Windows 7 Installation - HP Pavilion dv6700

Reaction score
Hi All,

From few years I am using Vista. Its taking soo much time and getting slow. Due to this I am planning to install Window7 instead of Vista.

Below are my laptop configuration

Windows : Window Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2
Model : HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Processor : Inter Core 2 Duo
CPU : 2 GHZ

Could you please guide me is it possible or not? If possible is it supports for sound and display drivers and WebCam and default utilities ?

Thanks in Advance
Srinivas :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

Good news - your laptop will Easily run Windows 7! You've not mentioned the amount of RAM your system has, but if it runs Vista then it will run W7.

I'd strongly recommend a clean install for your laptop (just remember to backup!) and most of the drivers will probably already exist on the W7 DVD. For all the rest, you should be able to find them on the net - perhaps the Vista drivers from the HP site (they should still work in most cases): http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3632100

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt response :)

My laptop is 3GB RAM. How can I take backup of current drivers ?

Regards,
Srinivas

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can't easily backup your existing drivers (but I'd backup all your documents, e-mails etc...), so I'd suggest just downloading the network driver from that link to make sure you can at least get your system online (you'll need to select Vista 32/64 bit depending on your version).

That way, if W7 doesn't already have built in network drivers for your adaptor, you'll be able to get online using the older Vista drivers. You can then go online and run Windows Update and perform searches for any drivers that your system doesn't already have.

Ask a Question