Windows 7 Administrator password

Reaction score
I have recently received an upgrade Windows 7 after purchasing a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing the upgrade I have had problems downloading other programs as I have no idea what my Administrator password is.
I need to enable this password so I can download other programs without authority of an administrator. Can anyone help me in this matter??

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently received an upgrade Windows 7 after purchasing a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. After installing the upgrade I have had problems downloading other programs as I have no idea what my Administrator password is.
I need to enable this password so I can download other programs without authority of an administrator. Can anyone help me in this matter??
Hum... Normaly, the Windows 7 Upgrade should have asked you for a username and password, if you did a clean install. But I don't think that it the case for you.

Did you have an admin password in Vista? It might work.

If not, you can try using Windows Password Key 8 to reset it. There is a post about it in this thread:
www.w7forums.com/tutorial-change-your-password-windows-7-a-t5600.html

If that doesn't work, I can only suggest a reinstall.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Ask a Question