windows 7 64bit freezes a lot

Reaction score
hy
im running win7 64bit and it freezes a lot

tried switching off aero,didn't work,
restore point,did not work..
reinstall windows,didnt work...

it freezes on 30sec, sometimes more...
it i very frustrating,it new pc (2months old)
and i already want to smash it with hammer !
please help

Reaction score
Are there any error messages with the freezes? If so what are they?

Make sure that all your hardware is properly seated and in there respective slots and all power connections are connected, loose and missing connections can cause this. Example - RAM: if your only using to sticks make sure they are in A1 A2 or A1 B1, what ever your mobo specifies. Also make sure that all your hardware has the correct type of connection to fit that particular type of slot...ie PCI with PCI and PCI-E with PCI-E and so on, you can't mix and match connections.

If this all checks out its most likely a hardware compatibility issue, one peace of hardware is not playing nice with another or not playing nice with the OS.

Reaction score
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2265716

It is important that you read the support notes that go with this hotfix!

Have you seen the above link? The hot fix mentioned above is still in its beta format and has not been tested fully.

I have the problem with win 7 freezing randomly which is what the hot fix is designed to fix.

I tried downloading these hotfixes (both x86 and x64 versions for Win 7) and got the error message saying incompatibility with my operating system. Clearly there is something wrong.

Can anyone help please or know about this problem? I have been trying for months now to fix this problem and have tried everything imaginable. I believe the problem to be a WIN 7 programming error.

Nevica

Last edited:
Reaction score
i cant open my box cause its under warranty,witch will no longer valid if i do.
i had hardware issue few weeks ago,my RAM was damaged .
it shows no errors,but sometimes my usb wireless wifisky simply shuts down, and i plug-out than plug-in and it does not recognise it until pc is restarted..
on the device manager it sad :
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
it is last update.
it runs in compatibility with vista sp1
once restarted ,it runs just fine
could this be source of my problems ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it is under warranty and it has damaged RAM then that's as good a reason as any to send it in for repair and include a list of all the issues you've been having.

Reaction score
damaged ram is fixed, that is the problem.
it should be all fine now,but it is not.
once again.
shows no errors,but sometimes my usb wireless wifisky simply shuts down, and i plug-out than plug-in and it does not recognise it until pc is restarted..
on the device manager it sad :
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
it is last update.
it runs in compatibility with vista sp1
once restarted ,it runs just fine
could this be source of my problems ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well just a point of confusion here but how did you fix the RAM without opening the case?

And yes, most anything is possible, if the USB port is shorting out then it could freezes. This won't fix your problem but it may help you hear if it is a faulty USB port: try assigning a sound wave to the device connect/disconnect/failed options and then see if you hear the sounds a lot just before or during the freeze.
DeviceSounds.jpg

Ask a Question