windows 64 bit to 32 bit

Reaction score
I need to downgrade from 64 bit to 32 bit. Reason being that I have some programs that I need that refuses to run on 64 bit. My computer came with Windows 7 as the default OS and so I don't have the CD to reinstall windows. I already tried restoring my computer to it's factory default but during the setup process for Windows 7 a custom installation option did not show up. Are there any other ways for me to downgrade from 64 bit to 32 bit?

Reaction score
I am also a new member and was about to enter a similar question. A 64-bit OS disc came with my computer, but not a 32-bit disc. Is there any way to change to 32-bit without using a 32-bit disc?

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
I am also a new member and was about to enter a similar question. A 64-bit OS disc came with my computer, but not a 32-bit disc. Is there any way to change to 32-bit without using a 32-bit disc?
If you bought the retail version of WIN 7 , the box contains both discs (the 32 bit and 64 bit).

If you bought the OEM version, then only one disc is included, either the 32 bit or the 64 bit

Reaction score
To both jinwoun and hayesrw: Welcome to the Windows7 forums website!

Go here do download the ISO image files you need and burn them to a blank DVD: https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links-t2910.html

The current product keys you have WILL WORK with the 32-bit version.
Thank you for the welcome. However, I don't think I have a product key. When I bought the computer it didn't include any kind of product key. It just came with Windows 7 64 bit. Is there any other way to change it?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From where did you buy the computer? Don't you have a C.O.A. label on it somewhere with the product key on it?

You can use S.I.W. (System Info for Windows) to find the key. Just download the free standalone version and it will tell you the key. There are other key ID programs too, I just can't think of their names at the moment.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Belarc Advisor, Jelly Bean Key Finder, in addition to SIW. Also Speecy, a lightweight program that shows quick specs about your computer.

Hope this helps.

Cat

Reaction score
From where did you buy the computer? Don't you have a C.O.A. label on it somewhere with the product key on it?

You can use S.I.W. (System Info for Windows) to find the key. Just download the free standalone version and it will tell you the key. There are other key ID programs too, I just can't think of their names at the moment.
Ah. I thought you meant that it came with a CD that had the CD key printed on it. My mistake. Thank you so much for your help!

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
You can also get your product key by

Click Start , and then right-click Computer.
Click Properties.

Your product key should be listed there.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Kalario - doing that shows the "Product ID" number, not the Product Key. The Product ID is useless so far as installing a new install is concerned.

Ask a Question