SOLVED Window 7 Photo Viewer will not print

Reaction score
Whenever I try to print photos using Photo Gallery or Photo Viewer nothing happens when I click print.

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer connected to my PC and I can print other documents OK (e.g from Word)

I can print Photos using Quicktime Picture Viewer or MS Paint

Are there printing issues between Windows 7 and Photo Gallery?

I am also unable to change printer properties via Options in Photo Gallery

Any help would be appreciated

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nunzio, make sure you have the proper printer drivers installed.

Also, did you actually try the Microsoft recommendation listed HERE?

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried both reloading the drivers and the above suggestion and neither worked.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In photo viewer when you hit print a new window opens up where you can select the printer. Hit the down-arrow. Is your printer available? If not try the Install printer option.

Also in photo viewer there is a blue question mark on the right side on the menu bar. If you click it a help window opens. Scroll down and select the "Print a picture" link. Click "Why can't I print". See if their are any answers there.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Regardless of whether IE9 is installed or not should not have an issue with your printer.

Is the printer set as the default printer in the Devices and Printers section?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's what I say, I don't believe that IE9 RC will prevent you from printing pictures, as I've printed several since the install. I used both Windows 7 Photo Viewer & my Kodak AIO Home Center Software for this just last week, all is well.

I've even printed transactions that were made using IE9 RC w/no issues at all. The browser has little, if anything to do with printing photos. Something else is not right. Not being there, I can't say what. But IE9 RC is nearly road ready, many has already adopted to it, and my printer is working fine.

Perhaps a reinstall of the printer may work?

And welcome to the forum, Nunzio! I almost forgot my manners. But I feel that you'll get this worked out. If not, always feel free to post back, it's probably something small.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Reaction score
I Can't Explain It

I can't explain it either, all I know when i reverted back to IE8 my printing problems went away. I did also have trouble printing from the IE9 pages.(Google maps and photos from Facebook)

P.S. I look forward to reading future post and posting when necessary. Thanks

Reaction score
I have windows 7 and a canon MG3520. Windows photo viewer. always worked fine as I always print our store receipts with it. Now all of a sudden when I print, the printer goes thru all the motions but the paper is blank. I can print from notepad, and every ohter application except Windows Photo viewer.

Ask a Question