Win7 Pro 64 bit driver nightmare

ric

Reaction score
Dear readers,

I have just installed win7 64 bit pro version on a Winfast motherboard K85755M and i cannot get the system to pick up the drivers for the on board graphics, audio and ethernet adaptor??

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Rgds, ric

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum! Glad to have you here! :ciao:

I don't know how familiar you are with installing drivers and such. Don't ever expect the operating system to handle complete driver downloads or updates.

You have a 5 year old motherboard so Foxconn (WinFast) may not have updated drivers for it on their website.

I found a K8S755M-6LRS or a -6LERS motherboard. It uses the SiS 755/760 Northbridge Chipset and SiS 964 Southbridge chipset.

Also check the SiS website for the chipset drivers.

The latest drivers found were from 2005. You may have to go to AMD's website also to get the latest drivers.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
ric, welcome to the forum! What you can do (in addition to Nibiru's suggestion) is go to Driver Max. With your consent, they will download and install a tool to scan your system to compare with their database of driver files. You don't have to pay anything, there's a free and paid versions. The difference is, the free version allows you two drivers per day, the paid allows unlimited drivers for a year for ALL of your computers. So if you have a friend, you can charge them to update their drivers, and it will help to pay for it. In fact you can turn a profit, if you know several users that needs updating. Back to the free version. The scan will show you all of your outdated drivers, and the newer ones to upgrade to. You can choose two per day, and avoid the hassle of looking everywhere for drivers. Being that your computer is a few years old, there will be other outdated drivers. This product is well worth registering for, you can get all of the latest drivers possible. And they are continually updating their database, through vendors and users like us. In some cases, they will pay you to upload copies of newer drivers. But anyway, Driver Max is well worth checking out in your situation. Hope this helps, and should you need further help, feel free to post back.

ric

Reaction score
Help on my drivers nightmare for win7 pro 64

Thanks for all those who responded.

I will carry on searching and whilst my win 7 beds in i like the suggestion of driver max.

As life is too short i neded up buying an Asus motherboard yesterday relatively cheap from an online store to end the night mare and update my machine.

But thanks to all those who responded with your help.

I'll carry till the day i convert to a MAC platform. Sick of microsoft altogether!!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's not Microsoft's fault that you were using old hardware.

For the money that you would spend on a MAC you could build two PC systems with better hardware stats than the MAC!

Windows 7 is an excellent OS and is fast, reliable and responsive.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It's not Microsoft's fault that you were using old hardware.

For the money that you would spend on a MAC you could build two PC systems with better hardware stats than the MAC!

Windows 7 is an excellent OS and is fast, reliable and responsive.
This is all very true. I installed 7 on older laptops, one of which I still have, but understood in advance that it was not 100% compatible with Windows 7. It runs well, but have no Aero. No driver will correct that problem, although Windows 7 updated it to the latest one possible.

Ask a Question