Win mail wont read Mac mail

Reaction score
Hi wonderful people ... I have searched all over for help on this subject and keep going in circles with no definitive answers to the problem. I am a Graphic Designer using Windows 7 on PC for my design work. All of my correspondence to clients, etc is through Windows 7 "Win Mail". The problem is some of my clients reply from Mac using " Mac Mail" ... when they send mail to me all that comes through is a "blank" page??? There is obviously a message there but it won't view. Can someone tell me .. 1) Is this a Win Mail problem not being able to view it? If so ... 2) How is it fixed? .... OR is it a ... 3) Mac Mail sending problem? If that's the case ... 4) What do I tell my clients they have to do to fix it their end?

Desperately hoping some awesome IT genius has the answers ... Thank you Quentin

Shintaro

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't own a MAC, but has the email come through with an attachment? Because the message may be in the attachment.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro .. thank you for your reply and suggestion. Unfortunately it's the actual mail message itself that doesn't show at all to read. The attachments that come with the message ... .pdf's and .jpegs, etc are all okay and readable. I've checked all my Winmail settings and tried many options but nothing seems to work. Once again thank you for responding ... at this stage any advicve or suggestions are worthwhile investigating. Cheers Quentin

Shintaro

Reaction score
Are you able upload a screen capture, included in the screen capture the attached files. Just use paint shop to scrub personal information.

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro ... I've attached a screen grab .. so hopefully you can see the problem. I've deleted a lot of the client info but basically in the bottom section of the mail is a typed message from a client about a sign he's quoted on. I know there is type there because when I send it to my partners Mac you can read it. But when viewed on my PC in Winmail .. nothing appears. This happens with 4 x clients mail that is sent from a Mac.
Email Problem.jpg
The other bizarre thing ... sometimes when you forward the sent email it is readable and sometimes it's not. Cheers Quentin

Shintaro

Reaction score
Hi,
I would think you would have an yahoo or hotmail/outlook.com account that winmail gets email from. What happens if you use the web interface for your yahoo or hotmail account. For example use a web browser to view your mail. Can you read the email from the mac user?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could you please try in Winmail:
Tools > Options > Read > "Read all messages in plain text"

Reaction score
Could you please try in Winmail:
Tools > Options > Read > "Read all messages in plain text"
I'm going to try this ... I've clicked on this box and see how this goes. Just waiting for some Mac mail from clients ... I'll keep you updated. Thank you .. Quentin

Ask a Question