Win 9 may be free to Win 7 SP1 users ? Really ?

Reaction score
False rumors is all I think about it.

False hope to ease your grasp on Windows 7. "Bait and switch" is a old tactic.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Well, speaking of rumors. I heard that Threshold (Win 9) would be offered to XP users. Bait to get them of the dead OS.

Reaction score
Given the name is wrong as it is Windows 10, I don't really know how accurate this info is. Microsoft confirmed they want a smooth transition for the people stuck with Windows 7, but nobody even implied on being free. Nothing is free (:)

Reaction score
Maybe you should look at the date of this thread and then recall when the name was actually revealed that the next OS was to be named Windows 10. Until the new name was revealed Windows 9 was all anyone knew to call the next OS. And to be perfectly honest, we still don't know with out a shadow of doubt the next name will be Windows 10.

Reaction score
Reaction score
All I know is this thread was created well before I heard any news about MS using 10 as the next version. Beyond that no I'm not sure.

Your link is dated 9/30/14 without even needing to open it. This thread was created 8/1/14. The last comment before you posted was 8/2/14. That is two days the first of August, which you are trying to place after 9/30 according to the date within the link. As I said before, no, I'm not sure. I just know when this thread was created and when I first started hearing news of Windows 10.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with you on the next OS not being free.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I would be suggest that windows threshold (Windows 9’s internal codename) might discovered as a free download to windows 8.1 update and windows 7 service pack 1 owners.

Ask a Question