Win 7 voice recognition question

Reaction score
I have literally hundreds of hours of excellent quality audio of my (late) father speaking. I would very much like to be able to use Windows 7 voice recognition to transcribe these audio's into text, but from what I know about speech recognition apps - they all seem to require training via a microphone (not an audio recording). My question is whether any of you here have managed to do what I would like to do, either with Windows 7 or any other voice recognition app?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Mind you, I have no experience whatsoever with doing what you are talking about. I may be able to steer you in the right direction, though. What you're looking for isn't speech recognition software so much as transcription software.

Here's a link to an article which showcases some software designed for a similar purpose. Check them out, maybe you'll find something that works for you:
http://www.vagueware.com/top-10-fre...sential-to-your-va-or-transcription-business/

Reaction score
Thanks Core, for the link... I requested more info from the folks at VoxSigma (one of the applications at that link)...

Reaction score
Set up Speech Recognition
You can use your voice to control your computer. You can say commands that the computer will respond to, and you can dictate text to the computer. For more information about what you can do with Windows Speech Recognition, see What can I do with Speech Recognition?

Before you get started using Speech Recognition, you'll need to set up your computer for Windows Speech Recognition. There are three steps to setting up Speech Recognition: set up your microphone, learn how to talk to your computer, and train your computer to understand your speech.

Before you get started, make sure that your microphone is connected to your computer.

Show all

Ask a Question