WIN 7 keeps adjusting my LINE IN audio level. How do we disable this?

Reaction score
I use CHROME and EDGE (and Firefox & IE occasionally) for various AUDIO projects I do, and now CHROME and/or WIN7 wants to keep automatically adjusting my LINE INPUT audio levels to my machine. HOW do we disable this?

1) I've already UNCHECKED the box for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device," in the ADVANCED tab for the LINE IN.
2) I've also hit the COMMUNICATIONS tab and selected "DO NOTHING" for the 'When windows detects communications activity,' and that too make no difference.

Any thoughts?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
How do you edit things in Chrome? What website/URL? I would normally expect you to use an Editor APP/program.

If the sound level changes each time you log in to your machine then I would research the driver you are using. See if maybe it has a config file that it returns to every time you start up. If it happens each time you open the APP/Program then it could also be a config file for the editor you use.

Ask a Question