win 7 dynamic partion

Reaction score
hi i recently got HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop in which 500 gb hard drivein WIN7 is already having 4 partitions (system 199mb ,C 54 GB ,RECOVERY D 20 GB,hp tools 103 mb) n i got 5 part (unallocated 391 gb) after shrinking C,now whn am trying to partion it ,its converting into dynamic only ,pls provide how can i partition ths unallocated space into 2 BASIC disks

Method Two This method deals with OEM computers and all the extra partitions they create.
http://http://www.sevenforums.com/tu...es.html?filter

n after tying ths method its not even converting into dynamic also ,its showing the error msg while creating a new volume{ dynamic disks are not supported by this operating system or server configuration, dynamic disks are not supported on clusterd }

pls help .......

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You are limited to 4 primary partitions so you would have to add the space to one of the 4 you already have or get rid of one of those 4.

The fact is, you don't need the system partition so you could try deleting that. Though you should have a W7 recovery disk handy because W7 may have boot issues the next time you try, in which case, simply run the startup repair and you should be OK.

Once you reboot and only have 3 partitions, then you can allocate the free space as an extended partition and then within the extended partition you can create two logical partitions.

The RECOVERY partition shouldn't be messed with, it will help if your system needs restored.

As for the HP Tools, you might not need it but maybe you should ask HP support why it's there because maybe it is useful.

By the way, you link doesn't work; please edit your post to fix it.

Ask a Question