WIN 7 - 64 Bit freezes

Reaction score
hi guys...
I am very new to this site.. and i must say that this site is amazing... really helping pple out.. respect to this site... and now my problem hehe which is very similar in some ways to a thread alrady posted before.. well i recently infact yesterday upgraded my Vista to Win 7 and everything is perfectly working... the ONLY problem is that as i am working on my lapi.. all off a suden the desktop freezez... now there is no specific time interval... it just freezez any time it wants and it happens like 2 or 3 times... Then all i do is i end process the explorer.exe and run it again.. and boom everything back to normal.. any1 with any sugestions on what cud be wrong????

ohh yeeh i have installed and always from day1 worked with Download Accelerator Manager without ne probs.. my graphic card is NVIDIA.. and all drivers are up to date...

Rgds :)

Reaction score
Hey. Try uninstalling your current antivirus with the special tool found at the following link. Then install MSE as a replacement. If you're using a torrented Windows copy, that may be the reason for the freezes as many of them are malware-ridden.

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reaction score
Hy TorrentG, thanx for ur assistance.. well i have removed the Mcafe and m now currently using the Microsoft antivirus available from there site.. and m not using a torrented windows copy either...

Reaction score
well its really ok soo far.. jus that the desktop freezes after some random time interval.. nothing apart from that... ne suggestions

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a heat issue. Try leaving the laptop on a desk with proper ventilation as opposed to on a bed or something, and see if the freezes occur like this.

If they still do, type msinfo32 in the start menu and hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Then rar or zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip. There may be clues seen like this.

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a heat issue. Try leaving the laptop on a desk with proper ventilation as opposed to on a bed or something, and see if the freezes occur like this.

If they still do, type msinfo32 in the start menu and hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Then rar or zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip. There may be clues seen like this.
yep il do that and post it so that u can have a look.. but do u think that it may be coza the upgrade?? i mean i just read on the net that sometimes the HP machines dont work properly if u change its OS from the defult to diff one..

Reaction score
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RANA-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.0B, 9/2/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name RANA-PC\RANA
Time Zone E. Africa Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory 3.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.69 GB
Page File Space 2.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Reaction score
So has the machine locked up at all while testing on a solid surface with proper ventilation?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that you did an "Upgrade" install on your HP notebook computer instead of a "Custom" or Clean install?

If so, a lot of users have been experiencing problems when doing that. A "Custom" or Clean install is the absolute best way to go. In addition, your computer will be faster and more responsive doing a fresh, clean install.
If you need help, let us know. Also, you'll need to download all the 64 bit drivers for your notebook model from the HP website and store them on a thumb flash drive or burn to a CD-RW disc.

Reaction score
yeeeh it did... its soo annoying m thiniking of downgrading it to Vista again as much as i hate it but got no choice...

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that you did an "Upgrade" install on your HP notebook computer instead of a "Custom" or Clean install?

If so, a lot of users have been experiencing problems when doing that. A "Custom" or Clean install is the absolute best way to go. In addition, your computer will be faster and more responsive doing a fresh, clean install.
If you need help, let us know. Also, you'll need to download all the 64 bit drivers for your notebook model from the HP website and store them on a thumb flash drive or burn to a CD-RW disc.
Hi kindly guide me on how to do the clean install... i would not like to work in vista.. plz help.. cheers

Reaction score
yeeeh it did... its soo annoying m thiniking of downgrading it to Vista again as much as i hate it but got no choice...
You haven't posted the msinfo32 file yet, which could prove to be helpful to solving your issues.

Reaction score
You haven't posted the msinfo32 file yet, which could prove to be helpful to solving your issues.
what xctly do u want as in there is Hardware Resource, Components, Software Enviroment, Internet Settings.. any in particular???

Reaction score
From my post in the thread previously...

"Type msinfo32 in the start menu and hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Then rar or zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip. There may be clues seen like this."

It shows me your services, problem devices, drivers and many other helpful clues where something may stand out and then I can advise.

Reaction score
From my post in the thread previously...

"Type msinfo32 in the start menu and hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Then rar or zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip. There may be clues seen like this."

It shows me your services, problem devices, drivers and many other helpful clues where something may stand out and then I can advise.
But i did that.. check in page 1 unless thats not the information that u want... may be.. please let me know

Reaction score
You only copied and pasted what is on the opening page of msinfo32.

Instead, you need to click on file, then click save. It will create a file on the pc with all the info.

Then you can zip this saved file. In a new post, you can attach the zip to the post using the paperclip above where you type.

Reaction score
You only copied and pasted what is on the opening page of msinfo32.

Instead, you need to click on file, then click save. It will create a file on the pc with all the info.

Then you can zip this saved file. In a new post, you can attach the zip to the post using the paperclip above where you type.
Aite.. now i get u.. sorry my bad.. will do that asap.. thanx...

Ask a Question