WiFi and iPhone

nof

Reaction score
I am still trying to get W 7 to work with iPhone. Some days it is a W 7 problem because it originates with the network. When I had Vista the network was fine but now I am worn out with this problem. Other days it is iPhone's fault. It must be encryption? Here is where I am at present:

I have a network waiting for iPhone ( 7.08 Gb 3G, 3.1.2 Software) to join. The trouble lies with iPhone not accepting my network as it did Vista. I used networks around the North Isalnd on a trip before W7 was available. Everything worked easily. There are some forums I can't reach e.g. Kioskea (Apple) because they hide the button to "Post your Question". I don't have time for this. I may be getting closer to connecting if I can solve the following tips: (Make a comparison with the opera Turandot)

Please explain how to fill out what is needed for the following list: DHCP BootP Static

IP:
Subnet Mask
Router
DNS
Search Domains
Client ID
HTTP Proxy ( not sure about this one) Off Manual Auto

Router is a wifi modem - Thomson which is used by New Zealand Telecom

DNS Domain name I guess. My carrier is Vodafone NZ otherwise what is wanted?

Client ID - I do have a password

I have messed around with these problems for days and weeks so my system may be messy. iPhone won't accept the network which is working well with my laptop. I know I can delete my wifi connection and start over but I am reluctant as it is steady while all else fails. It brings the internet to me.

I have tried Reset, I have read the manual and a number of good papers in forums, I phoned for help, I have been to Vodafone
what more can I do? Give the iPhone to someone else? Damaged goods by now.

(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Please explain how to fill out what is needed for the following list: DHCP BootP Static

IP:
Subnet Mask
Router
DNS
Search Domains
Client ID
HTTP Proxy ( not sure about this one) Off Manual Auto

Router is a wifi modem - Thomson which is used by New Zealand Telecom

DNS Domain name I guess. My carrier is Vodafone NZ otherwise what is wanted?

Client ID - I do have a password

(e-mail address removed)
These are the settings for my iPhone. I hope they will help you!

Under the DHCP tab :-
IP Address - given by your router
Subnet Mask - given by your router
Router - the IP address of your router (eg 192.168.0.1)
DNS - Domain Name Server - again, the IP address of your router
Search domains - blank
Client ID - blank

Under BootP tab
HTTP Proxy - mine is 'Off', yours will depend on your ISP

Under Static tab
All blank on mine

Ask a Question