When is Windows 7 due?

Reaction score
I've only just upgraded to Vista, and it looks like there's another Windows coming out :dontknow:

Will I still be able to run all my games ok or am I forced to update when this one is out?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's probably around Q3 next year at the earliest, so don't worry it's a while away yet ;)

You can still run anything that Vista can, so all your games will still work too. We still don't know if Windows 7 will be any good so it's still quite early to think about upgrading - but as soon as the beta comes out we should have a good idea on what to expect.

Reaction score
I'm still using XP on some machines, and I don't think I'm going to make the upgrade ever - not until I get new hardware anyway.

The Windows 7 hardware requirements don't look too different to the Vista ones, and all the same software will run. I'm guessing if you've done XP > Vista already then it might be worth waiting for a new machine before going with Windows 7.

Reaction score
By a promise made by microsoft you will be able to run any program that you ran in vista in windows 7. The operating systems are like little brother(VISTA) and Big Brother (Windows 7). They both have the same DNA just that one is made a lot better.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
A lot of people say "Windows 7 is what Vista should have been"

I agree.

Reaction score
By a promise made by microsoft you will be able to run any program that you ran in vista in windows 7. The operating systems are like little brother(VISTA) and Big Brother (Windows 7). They both have the same DNA just that one is made a lot better.
Sorry this is a slow reply iroken22, I only just came back here now that I have the beta. Does this mean that Windows 7 is built on Vista, or did they re-write lots of code to make it faster? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I know nothing about code.

Reaction score
Sorry this is a slow reply iroken22, I only just came back here now that I have the beta. Does this mean that Windows 7 is built on Vista, or did they re-write lots of code to make it faster? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I know nothing about code.
Everything is 'based on' what came before, since no company wants to or needs to start from scratch every time, or even ever after 1.0 really. Part two of your query, how much was left as was and how much was redone, is the huge variable. In my opinion, Vista wasn't broken, didn't crash, ran programs well, etc. I perceived it just got a bad rep for UAC, speed, hdw support, app compatibility, and such. All of those areas were addressed in W7, so time will tell. I think it was me and one other guy that really liked Vista, so I'm even happier with W7.

Ask a Question