BSOD error 3b 7-8 times a day. Urgent fix needed. Fear of PC being damaged.

SOLVED Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by DKCD, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DKCD

DKCD

BSOD error "0x3b" 7-8 times a day. Urgent fix needed. Fear of PC being damaged.

Hi,

I recently assembled my own desktop PC just a week back. I started experiencing the BSOD error "0x3b" since day one and it has been annoying me on a regular basis.

I have updated all possible drivers, removed my graphics drivers, used "Driver Sweeper" on safe mode and then re-installed the drivers, but to no avail.

I have also read numerous other suggestions given on a lot of different communities, threads and forums but am not able to solve this serious problem.

My system has also gone slow since the BSOD started showing up.

NOW, I have gone through various threads concerned with the same topic and as suggested by the admins I have downloaded all the recommended softwares.

I will be running the Memtest86+ and Prime95 tests only if the problem is not solved using the dump files I am attaching.

Please find attached the RAR file containing the various dump files I had on my system along with the RamMon report. Also attached are the memory and SPD snaps from CPU-Z (There was an option for only one slot under SPD).

The BSOD occurs randomly, sometimes a few minutes after booting and sometimes after a few hours (2 hrs. at max)

I hope I have provided enough information to help you solve this problem at the earliest. Please go through all the files and tell me what I need to do next...

Thanks in advance.
    :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    DKCD, Jun 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. DKCD

Shintaro Moderator

Please update or remove Gigabytes "Easy Energy Saver"
    http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/Utility.aspx

Remove Daemon tools. in particular SPTD.sys (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads)

After you update or remove it, let us know you go and upload any crashes.

Shintaro, Jun 20, 2012
    DKCD likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. DKCD

DKCD

Hello there Shintaro,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I did whatever you had instructed me to:

• The Gigabyte "Energy Saver" was not installed on my PC, but to be on the safe side I removed all the Gigabyte tools and utilities.
    • I also removed Daemon Tools.
    • I first updated SPTD but got a blue screen again, so I removed it, but still got a blue screen.

So, I am attaching the new dump files which I have got since my previous post.

Hope this helps solve the problem once and for all...

Cheers!!!

Attached Files:

DKCD, Jun 21, 2012
  4. DKCD

Shintaro Moderator

Please check your upload. It appears that it is broken.

EDIT: Don't worry, your double post works.

Shintaro, Jun 21, 2012
  5. DKCD

Shintaro Moderator

Mate,

Those drivers are still there:

Try something like driver sweeper to get rid of them.

Shintaro, Jun 21, 2012
    DKCD likes this.
  6. DKCD

DKCD

Hi Shintaro,

Thanks for your last reply. :)

You were right, the SPTD driver was still there, but now I have removed it and as far as I know its not on my PC now. I have also removed all the Daemon tools registry keys.

I checked and found out that the "Energy Saver" is not even compatible with my system, so that is not a problem for sure.

But the BSOD is still there, and am attaching the latest minidumps since my last post to you.

P.S- I am sorry for bugging you so much, but I have never faced this kind of problem ever on my PC, so am a total newbie to this troubleshooting stuff. So it is a humble request that you please bear with me and help me out like you have till now.

Attached Files:

DKCD, Jun 22, 2012
  7. DKCD

Shintaro Moderator

Mate,
    It is never a problem to ask question or keep coming back for help. That is why this forum is here, to help people.

Anyway, that Gigabyte driver is still there causing problems. You can possibly use Sysinternals Autoruns. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963902

I am just going to test it.

Shintaro, Jun 22, 2012
    DKCD likes this.
  8. DKCD

DKCD

Using the software you recommended right now, this is what came up...

You had highlighted gdrv.sys in one your posts, so do I have to remove it??

Attached Files:

DKCD, Jun 22, 2012
  9. DKCD

Shintaro Moderator

Ok, if you say that you have removed the Gigabyte application, then use Autoruns to uncheck the driver.

Start Autoruns as Administrator, wait until it has finished, select the "Drivers" tab, find gdrv.sys and unselect the check box on the left. Reboot.
    What you are doing is disabling it, NOT removing it. So if thing go bad, all you need to do re-run Autoruns and select it again.

Any questions please ask.

Shintaro, Jun 22, 2012
    DKCD likes this.
  10. DKCD

DKCD

:D:DMANY MANY MANY THANKS SHINTARO !!!!!:D:D

It seems the problem is solved, since there has been no BSOD from the time I disabled the gdrv.sys using the 'Autoruns' program as suggested by you.

It seems that gdrv.sys is a generic error faced by many Gigabyte users who either install either the Energy Saver app or even the Easy Tune 6 app. I saw a lot of guys complaining about the same gdrv.sys file on many other forums.

Renaming the file didn't work for me, though it seems to have worked for some other people.

So, I am really thankful to you Shintaro and to www.w7forums.com for helping me out.

P.S. - Will repost in case I again have this problem... ;)

DKCD, Jun 23, 2012
  11. DKCD

Shintaro Moderator

I was happy to help. That is why the forum is here, to help people.

Take care.

Shintaro, Jun 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question