What Do you think will be better?

Reaction score
Intel I7 or AMD's bulldozer?

I will be building a new computer and i would like input on this.

Reaction score
AMD, I read that AMD makes the best processors. AMD ATI graphics.

Reaction score
yes they do make excellent processors especially if your on a budget and need good performance. will the bulldozer compete

Reaction score
AMD, I read that AMD makes the best processors. AMD ATI graphics.
Perhaps you could give us the link to what you was reading. Because I've been reading allot to and what I have read is that Intel makes the better CPU but cost more to get the better performance.

Reaction score
out perform. my 1st laptop had a intel slow as 7734, bought this crappy acer aspire real cheap installed win 7 on it myself and with this AMD processor its alot faster than than the compaq with intel. i cant remember how i found it but there is a website that lets you compare processors with AMD and Intel. i was wanting to upgrade my AMD to a faster 1. to me this 1.6ghz is slow and norton usually max it out with updates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i can remember how i found it but there is a website that lets you compare processors with AMD and Intel.
The website I know about is - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

The performance issue depends on whether you are speaking about the top end or the bottom end of the performance scale.

Edit: Don't compare Acer to a Compaq. Compaq has always been crap in my mind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Perhaps you could give us the link to what you was reading. Because I've been reading allot to and what I have read is that Intel makes the better CPU but cost more to get the better performance.
thats my problem cant remember these websites, i be searching for upgrades on the acer aspire 5515 notebook. mine has the AMD athlon 64 single core 1.6 ghz, my anti-virus norton would max it out with updates. norton was a big problem went with webroot and browser is a lot faster no freeze ups either when it updates.

Reaction score
yes i believe clifford is right but since im asking about the new amd bulldozer we are not able to do an actual benchmark on the CPU itself. let me rephrase my question.

will the upcomoing bulldozer CPU be able to keep up with the intel i7?

Reaction score
HP has owned Compaq for a while now. That's probably the reason they suck. After all every year when pc magazine's do reviews of how customers rate products and their support HP always seems to suck compared to every other company.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
AMD, I read that AMD makes the best processors.
When making a blanket statement like that, then no! That is incorrect. Not since Intel introduced the Core 2 Duo several years ago now. Then Intel leapfrogged way past AMD and have kept increasing the lead since - vowing never to sit on their laurels and get spanked, shamed, and embarrassed by AMD again. The ONLY area where you can make a blanket statement like that is if talking price. In general, AMDs cost less than Intels. Does that make them better? Not in my book.

Intels in general, are more powerful, consume less power, and generate less heat than AMDs. Yes, there are exceptions here and there - but if the question is, "Which is better, AMD or Intel?" The answer is Intel.

But blanket statements are unfair - especially when there are so many offerings under that blanket - 100s!

So obviously, you have to be specific and ask how THIS AMD compares to THAT Intel. And you have to factor in what matters to you. If cost is your top priority, then AMDs may factor in more favorably.

That said, if the question is, "Which CPU maker produces the most "reliable" CPUs?" Both make excellent CPUs that will provide a solid platform for years of quality performance. I prefer Intels, but there is nothing to suggest AMDs are "inferior".

Reaction score
Since Intel came out with the Core-2-Duo cpu's it's been number 1. They're probably talking about AMD having the best part's for the money. Which is a complete different category. What they probably meant was, if you buy a AMD cpu or AMD based motherboard. AMD leaves room for upgrading the cpu's in the boards. Where as when Intel comes out with a new cpu, you usally need to purchase the new motherboard with that chipset, if you want to use one of those new cpu's. That is what all the pc magazines are referring to in there article's about upgrading. AMD is a better choice if you want to spend less money, upgrading fewer components.

Ask a Question