Web cam's driver is not working

Reaction score
I have Acer's Emachines E725 notebook, it has a web cam, i have installed latest driver for it, but it wont works any more, whenever i try to open its application, a window (webcam's application) appears for few second and again disappears. Earlier it was working properly but after reinstalling new copy of windows 7, i am facing this problem. Camera manufacturer is Suyin.
I tried to diagnose the problem through "Webcam Diagnostics" application it says, " Driver not Registered with NetMeeting (Possible black border)" and "Capture graph installation failed".
:dontknow:
Sorry for bad English.
Thank you.

Reaction score
couple of questions... after doing some looking around
1 when u bought Acer's Emachines E725 was vista installed ?

2 have u tried both drivers for the cam ?

Reaction score
According to Acer's Emachine's website....it came with vista home basic.

http://support.gateway.com/emachines/notebook/2009/emachines/eme/eme725/eME725sp2.shtml

Before doing the upgrade to windows 7 (what flavor..basic, home premium, Pro, Ultimate) did you run the MS upgrade advisory for any hardware/software compatibly issues for the laptop. In my experiences with laptops that have built in webcam's, they are not that great to begin with. In this case it has a 0.3 mega pixel camera....not that good at all and the sound quality is just a poor as well. My advice to you would be to just ditch using the built in web cam and buy you one. They are not that expensive and for around $30 to $50 you can get a very nice one. Here are a few just for laptops from Wal-Mart that well fit anyones budget.

webcams.PNG

Reaction score
couple of questions... after doing some looking around
1 when u bought Acer's Emachines E725 was vista installed ?

2 have u tried both drivers for the cam ?
Thanks for reply.
I am from India, its been around eight month, here specification of Acer's E-machine is different as compared to European countries, and specification shown here http://support.gateway.com/emachines/notebook/2009/emachines/eme/eme725/eME725sp2.shtml
it comes with free linux, Vista was not installed at that time. I installed both the drivers for vista version and xp version (since they don't have driver for windows7), both are not working, I download it from this location http://support.emachines.com/em/driver/nb/e725.html
It has two types of camera driver for Suyin and Chicony, i tried both without success.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
According to Acer's Emachine's website....it came with vista home basic.

http://support.gateway.com/emachines/notebook/2009/emachines/eme/eme725/eME725sp2.shtml

Before doing the upgrade to windows 7 (what flavor..basic, home premium, Pro, Ultimate) did you run the MS upgrade advisory for any hardware/software compatibly issues for the laptop. In my experiences with laptops that have built in webcam's, they are not that great to begin with. In this case it has a 0.3 mega pixel camera....not that good at all and the sound quality is just a poor as well. My advice to you would be to just ditch using the built in web cam and buy you one. They are not that expensive and for around $30 to $50 you can get a very nice one. Here are a few just for laptops from Wal-Mart that well fit anyones budget.

View attachment 1919
Yes my note book is compatible for windows 7, even i can run 64 bit (Since running 32 bit). Yes its does not have great cam(only 1.3 mp), since i have low bandwidth internet connection so its suits my requirement.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you recently installed Silverlight? It may have sneaked on to you OS through automatic updates??
If so, it is possible that it has taken control of the camera. If Silverlight is sitting in the Start menu, select it and then the Wecam/mic tab and see if the camera is lingering there

Reaction score
Have you recently installed Silverlight? It may have sneaked on to you OS through automatic updates??
If so, it is possible that it has taken control of the camera. If Silverlight is sitting in the Start menu, select it and then the Wecam/mic tab and see if the camera is lingering there
Yes i have installed Silverlitght, But cam is not lingering(since i don't know meaning of this word, i guess you mean "visibile") there

Reaction score
Try to do a repair of app through the control panel/uninstall programs. Select the app in uninstall programs and click repair.

Reaction score
Yes, click on the uninstall option; then a window should pop up and in that window you should have three choices and they are; uninstall/remove......install.......repair. Something to that effect. Click repair.

Reaction score
I have some suggestions: -
1. Try to install original drivers when it was installed first time.
2. If problem doesn't solve, then keep remaining drivers and go in administrative panel, stop the net meeting drivers and check it.
3. If still problem is there, then go in web cam service and go in recovery tab and set all three options as "No Take Action" for first failure, second failure and subsequent failure and then check it.

Reaction score
I have some suggestions: -
1. Try to install original drivers when it was installed first time.
2. If problem doesn't solve, then keep remaining drivers and go in administrative panel, stop the net meeting drivers and check it.
3. If still problem is there, then go in web cam service and go in recovery tab and set all three options as "No Take Action" for first failure, second failure and subsequent failure and then check it.
Thank you Atif, but i am a newbie, can you please tell me how to locate Net meeting drivers?
and also how lo locate web cam service?

Ask a Question