PC won't wake up

Reaction score
I have a USB mouse and keyboard. If I set the "turn off the display" after a certain time and come back after the display has went blank the mouse and keyboard won't turn it back on and it's not asleep because the pc is put it to "Never be put to sleep", The power is still running and I put my mouse and keyboard drivers in it which are Microsoft. I went into the BOIS but that didn't work but maybe I didn't do it right. Device manager says the mouse and keyboard are good and has Microsoft drivers which I put in later. I click the power management tab and it said that the mouse and keyboard will wake it up from sleep but it doesn't. If I put it to sleep manual it still won't wake up.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed for your motherboard; BIOS updates often include ACPI changes which has to do with sleep.

Reaction score
I've never installed a BIOS update. I have a MSI Z97 U3 Plus motherboard. Where would I look and how would I update?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
>> MSI <<
Save the first download to your computer: version 1.4 dated 2014-09-22.
Click on that zip file to open it, Drag the folder 7922v14 from the zip file to your desktop. Close the zip file and open the folder on your desktop. Run AFUDE238.exe.

NOTE1: This update should only take about 30 seconds but it is very important you do not lose power in those 30 seconds, do not run it when it is possible your power will go out. Use an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) if possible.
NOTE2: BIOS updates do not build on each other, so never install any older ones first

Reaction score
The Boot got Fix. I built an i5 4690 with a Z97 U3 Plus motherboard. The mouse would not wake up my monitor when it would shut off, so maybe a BIOS update? NO! Because I took another hard drive and put my windows 7 on it and with a bare system the monitor did wake up after it shut off when I wiggled the mouse. So there is something that is causing this like an update and so far I can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please do not start a new thread for the same issue. Your BIOS should still be up-to-date even if it does not solve the waking issue.

Next look at changing your control panel > power options.

Ask a Question