W7 on a plus side

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I chose Windows 7 professional some months back and placed my pre-order £90 per copy at the time and i was happy with the price (my wife also placed her order for the same), up to now i have had not one problem with the new OS i did clean install to a new SSD Drive formatted to NTFS. The only thing i did do was to remove 4GB of my 6GB for the install and used Motherboard graphics as i run ATI Crossfire, the install was smooth and clean and i had the Ram back in and Crossfire running shortly after. Three weeks on and my Windows 7 runs (to me perfect) it is now very customised and i must say I'm very happy with it (in the words of MacDonald's I'm Loving It ! :D)

Reaction score
I must admit I am more than happy with windows 7. I purchased the premium version for £50 in the pre-sales. It is running sweet and the way I like things. For once I feel users do not need to wait for SP1 to consider purchasing the OS. I have a feeling I will be running Windows 7 for quite some time yet. Its a solid OS and its going to take some beating.

Reaction score
I am definitely happy with my copy of Windows 7 Premium(64-Bit). I knew I would love it after using Beta and RC since February without troubles.

You know I remember someone stating that during the first wave of computer with Windows 7. Most of the computers will be old hardware with a new OS. If the merchant takes an old computer and installs the new OS without testing it before delivery. There is no telling how stable the computer will actually be.

I must say that after a few weeks of sales, I expected to hear more on the forum. This is a good sign for a new OS especially with a good percent of the problems worked out.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Been using the Beta and RC for quite some time, but got Windows 7 Ultimate via MSDN some time before the official launch. I've been using it for quite a while now and it has been the most stable OS I've used to date. It's a much more polished release than Vista was, and I imagine most novice users will enjoy it as much as experienced users.

Reaction score
Just thought I'd jump in here, I've been big on networking with XB360 for a few years now and for once the media centre extender will play everything I throw at it (except it won't stream video_ts with the movies function but I'll post a thread about that if I can't work it out). But overall, as far as networking with a 360, 100% improvement.

Reaction score
Window 7 64-bit works great.
Keeps telling me that I can improve performance by turning down graphic settings and some warnings over my audigy 1 card but I can't see any problems with performance or my sound card running everything at full. Hell Win7 is running on a PATA drive.

Reaction score
Also took the plung and did clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit what an improvement in performance and stability. only hardware that did not install automatically was a USB TV card but on clicking on it in the action centre the driver was found and installed with no interference from me. Very impressed :)

Reaction score
I have to join the crowd in bragging on Windows 7. I clean installed Home Premium 32 bit and I'm very pleased with it. The performance is better, and unlike Vista it's extremely stabil.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for giving Windows 7 a good word. It's good to read about pleasant experiences and depressing when all are negative.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I originally installed W7 32 bit and was loving it but thinking I might upgrade my memory, decided to give the 64 bit a go and could not be more impressed. I do not have my extra ram yet but runing 64 bit W7 on even just 2Gig ram is just amazing. I don't see any differences between 32bit and 64 and I know that when that next 2Gig is popped in I'll probably be on the floor :)

Ask a Question