Volume control stuck at 50%

Reaction score
Hey

I have used w7-32bit for a couple of weeks now, only ran into afew things that either dont work or seems broken.

The Experience index, i can see that many of you reported under the other thread. So it is generally not broken, but for me, it will not finish assessing the system.
It runs all the way, untill last bit, then stops and give me a: Can not complete experience assessment.... something about a device that might course it, but no direct course.

Could it be my virtual drive? (just thought of that) Other than that, i have a pretty regular pc. Core2 6850, 4GB Ram, GTS 8800 (512MB), Hitachi 1TB drive, Plextor DVDROM.

Another issue i experience, is the volume control in the traybar.

It right out stopped working all together, and is stuck at 50% (which is okay). When i click it, either with right or left mouse, any bar/property page i try to get up do not work.

I am using the Asus Sonar pci-e card.

Other than that, after using vista since release, (still using it on my 2 pc's at work) i am really impressed with seven sofar.

Reaction score
U tried Windows Update for automatically detecting appropriate drivers for your PC components? Was everything OK with Vista before this beta? If yes, then there is no reason to stop working for them this time.

Reaction score
U tried Windows Update for automatically detecting appropriate drivers for your PC components? Was everything OK with Vista before this beta? If yes, then there is no reason to stop working for them this time.
I agree, and yes i did at one point. Right now though, i cannot, as i just moved apartment and don't have internet yet. In any case, i have no question marks in device manager, and yes everything worked as intended in vista. Basically i never really had any issues in vista whatsoever, my only gripe was user friendliness, and access to features, well and minor speed issues when doing some things.

I allso tried to look though my eventlogs to see if i could get some info there, but no luck.

Maybe there is a command line way to start experience indexing? That way maybe there is some parameters i could add to make it try it in another way? :) Ah well.

Ask a Question