Very slow boot

Reaction score
Hi all - No AVG. Have enabled both cores of CPU at startup. 3 minutes to start up??? Wow what's going on?:dontknow: Help please - thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums legiN :)

Can you please post your system specs?

Reaction score
Hi Ian

Intel Core 2 (2.97GHz)
4GB RAM Patriot DDR2
Asrock Conroe 945G-DVI MoBo
NVidia 7900 GS
Win Exp. Index 5.6 (Gaming Graphics)

Thanks.

Nigel

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi legiN, nothing slow about your hardware so I'm wondering how many apps you have running ? do you see any question marks in device manager ? and have you run a systems check ?

Reaction score
Hi - A run down on what should be running would be helpful. Device Manager shows no problems. How do I run a systems check ? Thanks.

Nigel

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Sorry i meant how many apps that you have installed, and if you Click Start, type RESMON and press [Enter] to launch the Resource Monitor, then click the CPU, Memory, Disk or Network tabs. Windows 7 will immediately show which processes are hogging the most system resources, this may give some indication as to why your system is slow.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this on a clean install? If not, did it happen from the start or was it all of a sudden?

Reaction score
Clean install - from the start/always done this. I have 10 apps in the Quick Launch bar by the way.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thats odd i put RESMON in search or run i get ->

I'm on RC1 build 7100

Reaction score
legiN

The only thing I can think of is maybe Windows is looking for something it is not finding. Or maybe some hardware item is not configured correctly for Windows 7.

It might be worth looking for outdated drivers in the system.

Ask a Question