Streaming is very slow and is lagging need Help!

Reaction score
I have windows 7 32 bit 3 gigs memory. Problems with steaming as it is very slow and lags big time and Netfix also has streaming issues. I tried tweaking things to make it faster like firefox and updated flash player ect.

Please if you have some info I would greatly appreciate it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Slow streaming and download speeds are rarely caused by the computer software such as the browser or flash.

The most likely problem is your ISP service; what speed are you signed up to receive? Speedtest.net

And is your device hard-wired or wireless? If it is wireless then their are tips to getting better reception such as setting up your router in the middle of the house, higher off the ground, and away from large appliances.

Reaction score
I am using a desktop so I am plugged into the the router directly. My other desktop does not have any issues with streaming. So I think it does have to do with the software or browsers.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you run Speedtest.net? Does it give different results on the two computers?

You could see if there are any updates for your LAN Network Interface Card (NIC) and you could check for updates to your video driver. You could also minimize programs running in the background such as windows updates, google updates, Anti-virus updates, adobe updates, etc ... if you don't leave your computer on most of the time then all these things may take bandwidth at the same time.

Ask a Question