w7x64 very slow

Reaction score
W7x64 is very slow to do anything, load,start, run a program, anything, get a lot of not responding until it finally does respond, taking as much as 8-10 minutes to complete a task. I have run sfc/scannow numerous times. With no problems reported. I have ran index options in control panel a couple of times. Malwarebytes many times. Comodo virus scans report no problems. I have tired the reimage program which after 13.5 hours the computer froze. When I turned off the power and tried to restart the ssd drive that the system was on was unusable.

I installed another hhd and installed my Acronis True Image 2017 backup on that drive and it is still slow like the original setup and drive was. I partitioned that drive and did a clean install of w7x64 on that partition and it runs fine.
There is no unusual hard drive noise or thrashing in either setup.

It would seem that there is a problem with a windows file but I cannot find it through the methods I have tired. Any ideas??

Ask a Question