Vertex 2 not detected in Win7 setup, but visible inside Win7 installed on another HD

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to do a clean Win7Ult 64bit install on my new system, but during the part where you choose your disk Win7 CANNOT see my Vertex 2 120gig disk. The Vertex 2 disk is visible during POST, and I already updated my BIOS to the latest version. The SATA controller in BIOS is also set to AHCI. It can only see my other disk (WD velicoraptor 300gig) that I use for backup.

To see if my vertex 2 is DOA, I then installed Win7 on my WD velicoraptor 300gig instead, which it detects. Once in Win7, I can perfectly see my vertex 2 SSD in disk manager and my computer and device manager!I then NTFS formatted it and rebooted and attempt to reinstall Win7 on it again but to no avail. I also tried to install Win7 onto the Vertex 2 while in Win7 but it still won't see the vertex 2 during setup!!!! Somehow I just can't have it detected in Win7 setup!!!

Please help, I want to do a clean Win7 install on my vertex 2. Thanks.

System:

Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 Intel Sandy Bridge Rev. 09
Intel Core i5 2500K
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9-4GBXL XMP
ATI Radeon HD 5850
Enermax Galaxy Evo EGX1250EWT
OCZ Vertex 2 120gig
WD3000HLFS
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Disconnect all other HDD connected to the motherboard except for the Vertex 2 and the DVD drive. Ensure that the Vertex 2 shows up in BIOS on a bootup of the computer.

Make sure the DVD drive is set as the 1st Boot Device on the BIOS. The Vertex 2 should show up now.

Reaction score
Disconnect all other HDD connected to the motherboard except for the Vertex 2 and the DVD drive. Ensure that the Vertex 2 shows up in BIOS on a bootup of the computer.

Make sure the DVD drive is set as the 1st Boot Device on the BIOS. The Vertex 2 should show up now.
Thanks for your reply. I always set my DVD drive to 1st boot device, that's how I always have it in order to install Win7 from my CD. I did try to only plug my Vertex 2 and DVD drive and nothing will show in Win7 when prompted which drive to install to =(

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You may need an "alternate BIOS", which can be found by searching the OCZ Forums section at the OCZ website. That's what I had to do until I installed the latest firmware update for my Vertex 2.

Have tried installing the latest firmware from OCZ for your drive? For Vertex 2 it's version 1.33, but remember that the OCZ toolbox for updating WILL NOT work with Intel RST driver v10.xxx, you have to have v9.xxx installed. Once I did the Vertex 2 firmware update to v1.33 the regular BIOS firmware version worked.

Ask a Question