HDD not detected, need to locate, clean, partition, and reinstall windows 7

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a struggling end user who is using a smartphone to access this forum in order to repair a desktop. I'm pleased to see a forum like this is available. Apparently I've been a victim of a hacker perhaps through facebok. I have intermediate PC skills. Right now I am booting from a Windows 7 home premium 64 bit repair disk. My HDD has only three partions available - volume 0 D: DVD-ROM 165mb healthy, volume 1 E: Removable 0mb No Media, volume 2 C: Removable 0mb No Media. Disk 0 is online. I've tried using the repair disk and the Windows Installation disk but am unable to either repair or reinstall windows. I would like to know how to use either DOS commands from the X:\windows\system32> prompt or commands from the DISKPART> prompt to clean, format, partition my HDD, and perform a clean install. I'm not worried about backup files. I have a 500 Gb HDD and need to know the correct size for each partition as well. I keep trying to reboot using hotkeys but the computer doesn't recognize my HDD. I've tried changing the BIOS features but no changes result in a success nor does restoring the defaults. Any guidance or instructions will greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I'm still down. I can't find a response that someone posted indicating the needed size of the partitions for my 500 gb HDD needed for windows 7 home premium 64bit. I need a list of commands to type from the command prompt which I can achieve from the installation disk to clean, reformat, repartition, and reinstall windows. If there is a partition management software disk I can boot from which is relatively inexpenzive please advise me of the name of it. I've been down for a week. Please help!

Ask a Question