Vaio Care - Self Heal program problem?

Reaction score
I run the Vaio Care program around every 2 weeks. For some time now when I run it always found a problem with the Updates tab under Self Heal.

what it says --
" You have 3 patches that may fix your computers recent crashes"

When I click " fix" it begins to download but then another window pops up saying that
"Vaio Care has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution to problem."
The next window that comes then says " Vaio Care has stopped working - A problem has caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available"

And each time I've seen this, a solution has never been found.

I have no clue what the problem is.My computer has always worked very well. I take extreme care of it, like a baby. Any ideas ?

Model Type -
Vaio - VGN SR520G

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This would be a product specific to your computer manufacturer, not part of native W7. It's purpose, as you likely know, is to check for updates from Vaio, such as drivers or newer versions of their computer-specific programs, and download and install them.

I don't know it will help but it couldn't hurt to run CCleaner for both the registry and for space and then reboot and try your update again. A link to CCleaner can be found in the Disk-Cleaning section of our Freeware DB. If it's a lack of space or a registry issue of some sort this may help resolve it.

You might get more ideas by visiting their website or contacting their support to see if there is an update to the Vaio Care program itself or a fix for the issues you are experiencing.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sony makes some pretty good hardware, but some of their apps are really not that useful in the long run.

I would recommend removing all Sony apps and utilities, all they're doing is taking up valuable RAM and causing issues as you're describing.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd also remove the Vaio software, especially if you're happy running updates yourself (Windows Update, Patches and Drivers). Downloading Secunia PSI (http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/) should alery you to most of the important patches you'll need, plus can can be run on demand rather than running in the background all the time.

Ask a Question