SOLVED Using Tune-Up Utilities with Windows 7 64 bits

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using Tune-Up Utilities (http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/) for a while (since 2006) in my XP computer. It works great, never had a problem.

As Tune-Up Software claims Tune-Up Utilities runs on Windows 7 64 bits, I would ask you, folks, if anyone is using it and if any incompatibilities or flaws where found.

Thanks in advance!

Fernando

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I have tried it and it worked fairly well. It's stable and fast.

Just be sure not let it "take over" the computer and change all the settings and such.

I don't use it now, but I prefer to use specific utilities for certain areas, not an all encompassing software suite.

If you like it, go ahead use it. Just be discerning and careful with it.

Reaction score
Hi Nibiru!

> Just be sure not let it "take over" the computer and change all the settings and such.

You mean not to use "Live Optimization" and/or "Turbo Mode"?

Thanks,

Fernando

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
A few years ago I tried Ashampoo Optimiser ... completely crashed XP and destroyed part of the registry so I had to reinstall XP and all my apps ! :motz:, Today only optimisation I use is done manually via regedit, services.msc etc. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Are these type of services really necessary? I once had Glary Utilities on XP Pro, and the "memory defraggler" led to a reinstall. There was another one, Advanced System Care, or something close to that name. After my Glary experience, I learned to always create a restore point before doing anything. Well, they have a "one click maintenance" (as does Glary), I ran it and thousands of "errors" showed. So even though my computer was running fine, I decided to fix them. Guess what? My screen was blurry, I was running short on RAM, it really "fixed" it alright. I went into System Restore, and the only good thing about the program was there, it created a restore point after I did. I restored, and everything was fine. I no longer mess with these programs, except one. Windows Live Safety Scanner is a good, free app. There is a Vista/Windows 7 version and a XP & below one. It does a fine job, and is from Microsoft. I run it once every two months on my desktop, once monthly on my laptop. It has yet to screw up anything on me.

Ask a Question