Using 2 screens simultaneously

Reaction score
I’m using W7 Professional x64

My graphics card is a Gainward Radeon HD 4850 512MB
My monitor is a Dell 2007WFP
My tv is a Pioneer plasma KRP-500M

My problem:

I have tried to connect my tv via DVI-D to my graphics card. When the pc monitor is active and I activate my tv to the pc-input, the only thing I see on my tv is the desktop screen with no information at all (no shortcuts, no windows buttons).

When I disconnect my pc-monitor, the tv works well and I can control the pc watching my tv (all the screens and shortcuts are visible).

So my question is how I can make both screens work at the same time, so both screens are connected and on both screens I can see all the actions I execute.

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
Via the ATI Control center I can switch between the 2 screens. But that’s not want I want, I want to use them simultaneously.

Reaction score
Hi.

What you described it how it's supposed to work.

For the functionality you're looking for, you can either mirror the displays so the same thing happens on both screens simultaneously, or

if you want independent task bars and/or different backgrounds, I recommend a software called DisplayFusion. It's great and I use it too:

http://www.displayfusion.com/

Reaction score
I found out what the sollution is: Win+P

This is the 'Extended Desktop' which just adds extra width to the existing screens.

This topic can be closed.

Thanks.

Mattijs

Ask a Question