upgrading question

Reaction score
if i have 2 hard drives can i install windows 7 on one then just move all my files from other hard drive and just delete everything after i get windows 7 running.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Just move your files first and be sure you have all of them saved on the other hard drive.

Then disconnect that hard drive and keep the one hooked up that you'll install Windows 7 on. For some weird reason, when there are two hard drives or more, the OS get picky on the install issues.

When the install is finished, then reconnect the other hard drive.

Reaction score
Hello iteetwo,
Just an FYI, you should run down a couple of things prior to upgrade:
Windows 7 Compatibility: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibilty.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".
Also check with the "upgrade advisor" at the site below:
There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support

Reaction score
just wanted to say thanks for the help,i installed as you said nibiru2012 and no issues at all.i really like windows 7 over xp alot. thanks again

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
just wanted to say thanks for the help,i installed as you said nibiru2012 and no issues at all.i really like windows 7 over xp alot. thanks again
That's good news... glad it all worked out for you! I learned about the hard drive thing through trial and error. ;)

Enjoy Windows 7, you'll never go back to XP again. :D

Ask a Question