Upgrade from Windows 7 8601 to Beta

Reaction score
hi there!

Guys do you think I'll be able to upgrade from 8601 to the upcoming beta?

Admin edit : I've copied your question to a new thread (here) so you have a better chance of getting an answer :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
From what I remember about the Windows Vista Beta, you needed to do a clean install to get it working - so you might not be able to do an upgrade (it could be that it's just not recommended though).

You can always use the system "easy transfer" tools though so you don't lose any info - they work surprisingly well :)

Reaction score
From what I remember about the Windows Vista Beta, you needed to do a clean install to get it working - so you might not be able to do an upgrade (it could be that it's just not recommended though).

You can always use the system "easy transfer" tools though so you don't lose any info - they work surprisingly well :)
I agree, that does work very well and is effective since it's Windows already.

Can't wait for the beta!

Reaction score
that's a good idea Ian, that's something i would never have tought about!

Reaction score
I'm in the same position, do you know if it will move all of my installed applications along with my personal data? It's no big deal if it doesn't, but I'd like to know in advance so I can back everything up as a precaution.

Reaction score
yesterday my 7 install just died... actually it still works but is slow as hell and i don't know why... i haven't installed anything. i guess it because it's the pre beta :D

Ask a Question