uninstall windows 7

Reaction score
I dual booted windows 7 with windows xp and deleted the iso file which i downloaded from microsoft. Tell me how to uninstall windows 7 without affecting xp and changes which i should make in c drive in which xp i already installed.

Reaction score
Use Repair Utility on a XP CD to repair XP Boot files then format Windows 7 partition

Reaction score
If I have 7 on a separate HD, can I just format the drive in XP? Obviously I would need to backup my files and put them back onto XP, but is that it? Or, could I un-install 7 without deleting all my files?

Reaction score
Sycthus - It depends on how you install Windows 7

If your boot files are not on the Windows 7 Partition then you can boot to XP and format the Windows 7 partition

It would be best to remove Vista's Boot Loader first. This can be done with EasyBCD download. Try this at your own expense, I have not tried it yet. I have however installed the Vista Boot Loader and removed my third party boot manager from the Master Boot Record with EsayBCD.

Reaction score
7 is a clean installation on a separate hard drive to XP. I dual boot by going into the BIOS and changing the HD boot sequence. Presumably, all of 7s boot files are in it's own system folders, the same with XP.
I doubt I need to use EasyBCD, because both XP and 7 are on separate, physical drives.

Reaction score
OK then all you would need to do is backup your files and then Format the drive that has the Operating System you no longer plan on using. You made it easy to remove the OS you don't want the way you are dual booting.

Most people install Windows 7 from within XP to a different drive this is more difficult to work with.

Reaction score
The main reason I chose to put a separate HD in was because it meant no risky partitioning. And, GParted doesn't work with my monitor. But is there a way to remove it without deleteing my documents? I.e., could I just delete the system files and leave the documents? (I would un-install all programs first.)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Why don't you just save the Pictures / Text Files etc that you want to keep.

Ask a Question