Trying to transfer from a problem drive to a new on, problems, help!

Reaction score
OK I know one of my drives is dying the problem is I bought EaseUS Partition Master and tried to copy the bad drive (drive D -S-ATA Gen3, 6 Gbps) to the new one (drive E - S-ATA Gen3, 6 Gbps) to replace it. well after 5hours after EaseUS Partition Master's splash screen copying partitions from d to e, on restart, when it finished and windows rebooted, nothing happened. Hard disk sentential reports drive d

"The drive found 32 bad sectors during its self test.
There are 32 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
65535 errors occured during data transfer. This may indicate problem of the device or with data/power cables. It is recommended to examine and replace the cables if possible.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.

It is recommended to backup often to prevent data loss."

I have new power/data cables on order and will have them Friday
I have a lot of important data I need to save from HDD D Drive Esp. My PC game. I'm at a loss what to do to save my data on D drive. Please help. I know I started a thread in a different sub group but didn't have a new drive then, now I have it. I do have a debug report if it will help you help me.

Reaction score
I have new power/data cables on order and will have them Friday
Most often the problem is the connection itself. The cables may not be damaged and only need to be disconnected and then reconnected. However if the problem is persistent new cables would be needed.

Reaction score
Re: and tried to copy the bad drive (drive D -S-ATA Gen3, 6 Gbps) to the new one (drive E - S-ATA Gen3, 6 Gbps) to replace it

You're best bet is to clone drive D to your new replacement drive. The best way to do that is to get a copy of EaseUS Workstation 2. Alternately, you can create an image of your failing drive and restore. Control Panel > Backup & Restore > (left pane) Create a system image.

Ask a Question