SOLVED New to forum, trying to identify video softwae

Reaction score
hello, new to forums so please bear with me.
Had a file partition go bad and lost some programs.
One of which was a media/ video editing program that came on windows 7 when I got it back in 2010.
Icon is a pic of a orangish curled film strip. It is not windows media player, or VLC.
Anybody can help I would be very grateful, cause I don't even know where to start looking.
Thanks for your patience.
Mike allen

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Is it Windows Movie Maker?
MovieMaker1.jpg

This is what the Movie Maker application looks like (click to enlarge):
MovieMaker2.jpg

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for replying.
No, it's not Movie Maker,
I finally stumbled on to it, it's called "Windows Live Movie Maker" but can't get any links to let me download it.
Not really sure but it might be part of a package "Windows Essentials 2012"
Tried to download the link from a sight called soft tonics, but when I tried to install it, progress bar kept getting stuck half way.
.....Mike

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That would still be a version of Windows Movie Maker, apparently you had the version from Windows Live Essentials.

You can download W7 version of Movie Maker directly from Microsoft HERE or you can get Windows Essentials 2012 from Microsoft HERE (but I didn't try to install it so if that was your source then I don't have a better answer).

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, but had already tried that & it did download "Movie Maker", but not "Windows Live Movie Maker" unfortunately there is a big difference.
Suppose I'll go to plan "B" and use MM, or
Find another one I like.
Anyway, thank you for your help.
Regards,
Mike Allen
Brunswick,Ga.

Reaction score
Well,
I did find it in the Essentials, got to be more patience & look harder some times!
Thanks!!
Mike A:)

Ask a Question