^ The World's First ^
- May 10, 2010
- Reaction score
TrueCryptFree open-source disk encryption software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
A quality alternative to Windows Bit-Locker.