SOLVED email attachment wont open?

Reaction score
I got sent an attachment by email & its in " MS open XML converter" format. I cant find any way to open this! Ive tried clicking "open with" & trying PDF etc but no! When I click on "open" it takes me to a weird looking window that only give "save" as an option & says "library" at the top! Haven faintest idea what that means! Anyone shed any light on this?
Maybe I need to download some program?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you know/trust the sender, then you could try Saving it to your Desktop or My Documents and then opening it with your browser (IE, FireFox, etc). But whether that will work or not really depends on what the XML was meant to do, maybe they included a program which uses the XML as input data instead.

See How do I run XML?

Reaction score
If you know/trust the sender, then you could try Saving it to your Desktop or My Documents and then opening it with your browser (IE, FireFox, etc). But whether that will work or not really depends on what the XML was meant to do, maybe they included a program which uses the XML as input data instead.

See How do I run XML?
thanks but I think Ive sussed it! My new computer didnt come with MS Office installed so Ive just downloaded it & now the attachment opens!

Ask a Question