Triple Booting?

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to extremes and got a triple booting (or more!!) computer? I am going to install Ubuntu tonight just to have a play, so it means I'll have 3 OS's on one computer :)

Tempted to put XP on again too, just so I can test it against Vista and W7 to see how it shapes up :lol:

Reaction score
Install XP, then Vista, then Ubuntu. I've had the following OSes on my PC at one time:

Windows XP Professional SP3 (x86)
Windows XP Professional SP2 (x64)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (x86)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 RC2 (x86)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (RC2) (x64)
Windows 7 build 7057 (x86)
Windows 7 build 7057 (x64)

It was fun! My boot menu looked like hell.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The most I've had at one time was 3, Mandrake, XP and Vista beta :)

Windows XP Professional SP3 (x86)
Windows XP Professional SP2 (x64)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (x86)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 RC2 (x86)
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (RC2) (x64)
Windows 7 build 7057 (x86)
Windows 7 build 7057 (x64)

It was fun! My boot menu looked like hell.
Now that is dedication to the cause! Was this for some sort of speed comparison, if so, I'd be really interested in the results :)

Reaction score
Yes, it's for a benchmark that our site is preparing in conjunction with the RC release. The project was going to originally bench the latest Windows 7 build (7057), but we put the project on pause to wait for the RC and a newer version of Vista SP2. We also decided to wait because Windows 7 was progressively getting faster, and we wanted to benchmark it at its fastest point to give it the most accurate picture.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, I'm sure that is going to be a very interesting article! I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

Reaction score
Instead of Triple booting, why not just use a Linux Live CD?

You can download it from this address:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

It's the latest 8.10 version so you will have all of the features of the latest build.

Of course, it's much slower than installing it on your hard drive but it's fine for having a play and basic work.

Ask a Question