Top 500 count down!!!

Reaction score
w7forums will soon be within the top 500 team.

We are currently ranking at 521 and another week or so should put us within 500. :D

Check our EOC Statistics each day and watch us climb to 500.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I just came up with a new mid term goal.

Top 400 by 11-1-11.

It could be stretch with our current group, but a couple more dedicated folders would make it easy peasy.

If either or both of us gets another graphics card, then we could shorten that time. I'm thinking of ordering something by the end of the month.:) but :dontknow: what yet.

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering something by the end of the month.:) but :dontknow: what yet.
The 560Ti has twice the processors at the same frequency. The performance of the GTX-560Ti should be close to double that of the GTS-450.

Personally I can't at the moment rationalize spending 200+ for a graphics card, seeing how I don't game much. The little bit of gaming I do is on a 20" monitor and the GTS 450 fits it perfectly. Now if they ever decided to give early return bonuses for GPU's, that would be a different story. Until then (at least for me) the 200+ would be better spent on another LGA1155 computer system.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Not bad considering only 5 of us are folding.
That's true but we must not get cocky and forget the outstanding contributions from the guys from team EVGA , Full_Taoer and everyone else.

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to come across as being cocky. It's just that only 5 of us fold daily.Considering I've got a slow dsl connection on my end. That one will change down the road. It's last on my list of upgrades. I'd rather have the hardware upgrades out of the way first. Then I'll upgrade my dsl speed. By that time I'll be looking to move, so the dsl may be replaced with a better service.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to come across as being cocky. It's just that only 5 of us fold daily.Considering I've got a slow dsl connection on my end. That one will change down the road. It's last on my list of upgrades. I'd rather have the hardware upgrades out of the way first. Then I'll upgrade my dsl speed. By that time I'll be looking to move, so the dsl may be replaced with a better service.
I wasn't calling you cocky and apologize if it came off that way. I was more reminding myself not to get cocky because I agree with your statement about how well our small team is doing.

Btw I'm not sure what internet connection speed has to do with F@H other than the sending and receiving of small amounts of information. And the one time I had DSL it was quite fast compared to dial-up. Does it suffer from over saturation or something. I'm going to look into Verizon FIOS if they ever extend it out this far. I think it's about 1/2 mile away at this point.

Reaction score
Agreed. I had dial-up until just after Vista came out. DSL is definitely faster than dial-up was. However since I got and use my Xbox 360 as an extender, my current dsl speed doesn't cut it. I'm lucky if I get 1 mb. per minute and that's usually between midnight and 6 a.m. In my area there's only 2 options available. AT&T (which I have) and Bright House Cable.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Thats awsome news! Hope to see us in the top 500 soon.

Reaction score
Team rank is 500!!! :beer:

My bigadv dropped and was worth 76K points. That put us over the first 500 goal.
----------------------------------------------------------
Now about this goal of Team Rank 400 by 11-1-11.

The "Team Overtakes" page at EOC has us climbing to 400 in about 2.5 months. Thats is very close to our goal date.

Reactions: Ian

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Excellent!
A big shout out to everybody including rjbelans. :beer:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great work guys - that's a fast climb! :D

:beer:

Ask a Question