Themes Service Problems in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Damged windows files. If you didn't mess with windows files,then it is a virus Try the sfc /scannow in safe mode(i don't know if i could do that).

If the Windows 7 copy is not activated,the desktop will be black and the themes will be automatically turned off

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Anything in C:\WINDOWS\LOGS\CBS\CBS.LOG after you run scf that might give a clue?

Infection, partial hdd failure...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would try opening a command prompt with administrator privileges and run chkdsk /f . Set it up to run on reboot and then shut down>restart. If you hard drive has many errors it may be failing as Core mentioned.

If not, bring it up in safe mode and run a virus scan, again as Core mentioned could be the issue.

If all that comes out clean then put in the W7 DVD (or boot to recovery if you have a HD recovery partition) and have it run a startup repair. That should attempt to fix any damaged windows system files.

Let us know the results.

Reaction score
looks like you have aero diabled and the backgrounds work in aero. look at your first pic, below desktop background you see troubleshoot transparancy and other aero effects.
they will correct me if im wrong.:beer: isnt that the basic theme you have.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
looks like you have aero diabled and the backgrounds work in aero. look at your first pic, below desktop background you see troubleshoot transparancy and other aero effects.
they will correct me if im wrong.:beer:
He knows Aero is disabled, and that he needs to turn it on for those themes. The problem here is that he cannot change themes, in other words he can't turn Aero on.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
It puts the lotion in the basket or else it gets the hose again.

Reaction score
It puts the lotion in the basket or else it gets the hose again.
look at first attached thumbnail. at bottom message say, trouble shoot. attached thumbnails are not of troubleshooter.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's been 4 weeks and the poster never returned. I am closing this thread. The OP can start a new thread or message a moderator to reopen if he/she is still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question