SOLVED Desktop Themes Pictures

Reaction score
Hi,
I downloaded several Desktop Themes from the Windows website. Many only have as little as 6 pics in them. Is there a way to group pics from several of these themes into a new theme folder and save it? Where are the jpg pics kept on my hard drive? Can I access them?

THANKS, Jenny

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Some are stored in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and you will likely find a few JPGs there.

But most Themes will likely be found in C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. To get there type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes into the Windows explorer folder path (upper LEFT box, next to the search box). Then look for the JPG files under there.
localappdata-themes.jpg

If you put extra JPGs into a localappdata theme under the DesktopBackground folder and then choose that theme your extra photos will be shown as part of that theme.

Or you can create your own folder under My Pictures (example MyBackgrounds) and copy the pictures you want as a theme there, then use Control Panel > Personalization and as your desktop background choose "slideshow" then point it to MyBackgrounds to get the pictures for your own personal theme.

Last edited:

Ask a Question