tasm installation

Reaction score
I installed tasm software in windows 7 64 bit version.when i run the program in command prompt and run the program getting as
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\tarzan>d:

D:\>cd tasm

D:\TASM>tasm add.asm
This version of D:\TASM\TASM.EXE is not compatible with the version of Windows y
ou're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need
a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the soft
ware publisher.

please help me how can i run tasm its important for me

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Choices. 1) Install W7 32-bit, 2)get a 64-bit version of turbo assembler. 3)You might also be able to run it in a virtual environment but then all the programs you create would likely only work in that environment too ... which would suck; why have W7 if you live in a virtual XP world.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
TASM (Borlands Turbo Assembler) is a dead product, from what I remember, and generally not supported very well. Additiionally it is 16 bit.

So unless you are forced to use it for school I strongly suggest that you change over to MASM (Microsoft Macro Assembler). It is supported a lot better by the assembler community. There are changes with directives between TASM and MASM but it is easy to get over.
As for ml64.exe, from what I have read it has been crippled by MS, not sure why, just what I have read. Maybe they want everyone to use Visual Studio.

MASM download: http://www.masm32.com/

GUI for Assmebler, WinASM: http://www.winasm.net/winasm-studio-downloads.html

I am on my Win XP laptop at the moment, so I'll fire my other PC that runs Win 7 x64, I have masm on that as well. Been a while since I compiled anything on that as the old laptop is heaps more convenient.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question