System Restore

Reaction score
Undo System Restore does not appear an option in "Restore system files and settings." Where did it go?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is no undo System Restore, simply do another System Restore to the most recent Restore Point in the list.

Reaction score
May I suggest RollBack Rx, where you can go backward and forward in time all day long... a lot faster too. I have no idea what it's doing inside, but it works.

MOD EDIT: Removed actual links to paid software

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
System Restore does allow you to go forward. Prior to any restore a "current" Restore Point is taken. So it is not called an UNDO, but there is a Restore Point you can choose which brings you back to "current" after you tried an older Restore Point.

The software jefboyardee suggested is a PAID alternative to W7's included software. It would not help with the OPs current situation, it merely would provide a different way to do it in the future. Since it doesn't help with the current problem and since there are free solutions that are available, links to the product have been removed.

Reaction score
I got Rollback in my XP days, when System Restore either didn't exist yet or I never bumped into it. When I got W7 I tried it, noticed that it took forever and only allowed so many images, went back to Rollback. After all, like you said, I already paid for it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC: If you do a lot of System Restoration, or if you already own Rollback, it does sound like it offers extra features that could be nice to have. But it cannot help with the OPs current situation because the product would have had to have been installed and "watching". At this point the OP needs to use the tools already built-in.

So FlyNavy, were you able to get the computer restored? Can this thread be marked as Solved?

Ask a Question