SOLVED Errors after system restore.

Reaction score
Hi all have a Compaq Presario CQ40-617AU windows 7 computer. after a recent update i was getting a computer freeze on each boot. so i used system restore to restore back to a usable point. after the system restore i get weird errors.
  1. system restore did not complete successfully your computer's system files and settings where not changed.
  2. MOM.exe the original 527 couled not be located in the system dynamic library iertutil.dll (after research i installed the "download repair tool" from here http://www.errorfixes.net/mom-exe-windows-7-error.php but after install and on first run i get this error. "failed to create empty document" and the app wont run.
  3. i also get issue with intelitype.exe "could not be located in the system dynamic library iertutil.dll" (removed the drivers and reinstall)
there may be other errors that i have not found and i will update this if any more come up. I dont want to have to reinstall the os from scratch. as i have multiple users setup. if there was an easy way to backup the current users, reinstall from recovery partition and backup the users without the errors it would be great. as the system restore does not work properly here.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Reaction score
Good that you got that fixed. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. If it happens again, you might want to try and find out why. It could be bad connections or failing hardware causing the issue. Hard to say because it could be a number of reasons. Even as small a problem as the data cable needing to be reseated.

If it was for only one user, I was going to suggest deleting that one user. But that wasn't the case.

Reaction score
after doing some research i found that running the system file checker tool was a posable fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833. so i ran that command it found some errors and fixed them now all is good.
I would suggest that you do the System Image Backup regularly. That way, you shouldn't have to resort to re-installing OS from scratch, unless something really major happens.
I do that once a week and that saved my "bacon" several times, one of which was about system restore failure.

Ask a Question