Sugessions for the Configuration of High Performance PC

Reaction score
hi, i want to buy a pc especially for playing Games and some of 3D modeling works as well as some of video editing projects.

i have got a quote for:

i7 Processor
Intel mother board
4GB ram
2GB ati readon graphics card
2 TB sata HDD
LG DVD R/w

is this better enough or i need some thing higher, my budget is $2000 < MAX

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
For $2000, you can do well. For sure, you should get at least 8Gb of RAM, though I would get 16Gb (6Gb/12Gb for triple channel motherboards).

Understand 3D modeling and video editing are best done on graphics "workstations" - computer hardware designed for that type "work" where gaming machines are done on computer hardware designed for regular computing tasks and games.

As seen here, a high-end workstation graphics card blows your budget to pieces. So you need to set your priorities. Do you need a serious workstation for serious "work" tasks? Or do you want game machine for play? You can do work on gaming machines, but workstations do not make good gaming systems.

Since your quote tells us nothing specific (no model numbers) we have no way of telling if that is good enough or not. For example, Newegg sells 12 i7 CPUs from under $300 to over $1000.

Select your PSU last, after you have determined your power requirements and get a supply that is 80-Plus certified from a reputable maker.

Don't forget to purchase a new Windows license for this machine.

Reaction score
mostly i would be working on 3D modeling and video editing, and games are just occasionally played. so Workstations will be great

Reaction score
Before purchasing any PC I would suggest to check the recommended requirements of the games and Programs that you use. Also make sure that you have a good power supply and compatibility issue do not occur between hardware.

Ask a Question