64 to 32 bit configuration change

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
There sure is, you'll have to do a new clean custom install of Windows 7 32-bit. No other way or workaround for it.

My question is; why do you want to revert to 32-bit operating system?

Reaction score
64 to 32 bit W'7

Hello and thanks for your reply. I need to convert to 32 bit as I have found that many of my programs (custom written by me and other IDE's) do not run properly on 64 bit. Re-installing W'7 would be a big problem for me as I purchased this laptop with it pre-installed and do not have the install disk.

Regards,

Docjump

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
First of all, you can get a Windows 7 ISO image of the version you need in 32-bit.

You should have ordered your laptop with Windows 7 Professional then you could have run the 32-bit Windows 7 in virtual machine mode.

Don't berate Windows 7, it is an excellent operating system, you're just not familiar or used to it yet... give it time.

Maybe it's time to rewrite the programs for 64-bit hardware since that really is the standard now.

I realize that reinstalling is a P.I.T.A. but if you really want to run your 32-bit software you'll have to have an X86-based operating system.

Ask a Question