SOLVED Student or lecturer?

Reaction score
If you are a student or lecturer in Europe, check out Software4students, some great deals to be had! I got W7 ultimate upgrade for £59.95 (Pro for £39.95) and Office 2010 pro+ for ~ £70.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm afraid they don't ship to USA, states clearly on the discs "Not for use or distribution outside of Europe, the Middle East, or Africa".

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are a lot of questions on the web asking whether that site is a SCAM but the biggest complaints claiming actual proof it is are that the software cannot be downloaded again or reactivated if you get a new hard drive or a new computer and that it has no included Microsoft support. That doesn't really say SCAM so much as it does say this is non-transferable OEM software (OEM = "no free MS support").

Reaction score
Corrrect TM....I bought windows 7 HP upgrade and office 2010 plus the backup DVD's just for that reason...total then was just under $150 but that was almost 2 plus years ago.

The only prerequisite is you have to be a student or Teacher, that has a verifiable email with the an edu suffix or one that fits their requirements.

Reaction score
Hi, I originally bought Office 2010 Pro+ from Software4students about a year ago and they are genuine MS discs with key, and it did say for one PC only, so I did realise it was OEM - but at the price it was still a bargain.
A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade my PC and was waiting for W8 to be released but having read what MS are planning for licencing with 8 (as far as apps and second party software are concerned) it seems that 8 is becoming a clone of Apple software - please correct me if I'm wrong. Instead I decided to go with 7, and as I've been running Vista Ult (32 bit), 7 Ultimate (64 bit). I checked on S4S's site and saw the prices I've quoted above so bought from them. Again it was genuine MS discs with key and I'm now running it on my set-up PC with most of my other software already installed.
I have no problems with S4S, they are MS partners I believe and they also do other software, Adobe included (if I could afford it I'd get CS5 from them).
As an aside, when installing software on the new set-up I tried the Office 2010 disc and it seems to have installed and authenticated ok, I will let you know if it's OK when I actually come to use it.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, having a student or faculty member in the household can really help with the software budget. Note if you have a military affiliation, there might be some good discounts there too.

Ask a Question