Strange security settings on Windows 7 Ultimate - certificate issues or security policies wrong - some downloaded file can be executed -Access Denied

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate that have from sometime this issues: at job it is connecting at Internet, but at home it is saying that "Media connected" but i haven't ANY IP ADDRESS, "Unknown network" it say.
I'm certainly that is something about certificates and security settings because for 1 time a had at home connectivity to Internet, after a step-by-step procedure, and i was allowed to download 2 files - drivers for wireless & bluetooth - first a .exe file (i wanted so to dld), second a .msi file:

The .exe file it refuse to execute after 1 or 2 minutes saying: "Access Denied";

The .msi file installs without any problem at all.

I had to search for those drivers and i observed that some Internet sites & pages - including from Microsoft - opened others opened with warning but let you see them, other pages, with HSTS protocol, i cannot see it.

After resetting the laptop, all comeback to "normal" - i couldn't anymore connect to Internet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ask a Question