Strange Pet

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Two nights ago I went around a mates house to see his Son who is about to purchase a sound card for his PC and was not sure what to go for so Jim asked me to come around and have a look at his Sons PC, now Jim used to have a small Dog (quite old but friendly) unfortunately his Dog passed away ... I was invited in to the front room to see his new pet ..... :eek: THIS !!!! >

Its a Red-kneed-Tarantula and huge !!! frightened the life out of me (I don't like Spiders of any sort) needless to say I had a quick word with his Son and was out of there fast ! :lol:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Were you producing "diamonds" out of the southern nether regions of your anatomy? LOL :eek:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
:lol: Bloody right ! cant Imagen why he would want a thing like that !

Reaction score
I had an encounter once in my life with one of those. Even though it was in a glass aquarium, I still had a leery feeling about it.

I would rather hold a snake than be in the same room with one of those. Somehow I feel safer with a snake than a spider. Even if they are harmless they are still deadly around me. I would shoot anyone that brought one near me. :lol:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Never held a Snake ... and dont intend to :lol:

More on the Spider
This particular species of spider can live up to 20 years. Red-kneed Tarantula Spiders do not use webs to catch prey. They hunt for their food, relying on their powerful legs to chase prey and a venomous bite to kill them. The bite of a tarantula spider is rarely fatal to humans. This type of spider is a large, up to ten inches, that is found in the deserts and scrublands of Mexico.

Reaction score
I have what is probably a totally irrational fear of spiders. That thing scares me to death. Whenever a large one runs across the floor at home, I pull my legs straight up underneath me on the chair, and 'Er indoors has to put it outside.:eek:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thats a good idea Steph is not bothered by Spiders ... Birds are her thing :dontknow:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
...rarely fatal...

Knowing me, I'd be the 1 in a million to get bit and kick it. I'm cool around spiders and snakes but don't really like the 'slimy' creatures like snales and slugs...brrrrrr

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't mind snakes at all (of course, I wouldn't like a cuddle from a Boa Constrictor ;)) - but I wouldn't like to hold a big tarantula :eek:

Thankfully this animal is the most dangerous we have in the UK :lol::

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7875271.stm

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I thought this was the most dangerous animal in the UK!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Remember, remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot,
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot.

Ask a Question