stopping some programs.

Reaction score
i want to speed up the loading on windows. i have all the downloaded programs from starting up at same time as windows. is there any of the windows i can disable from starting up. i only use my laptop to play windows games, browse internet, play games on club pogo, and watch some movies on netflix. all of my programs i downloaded are set for manuel start up.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Type Msconfig in the RUN or start window. Open the startup tab and examine the contents. Anything you are sure you do not need can be unticked. If you are a game player, however, I would suggest that one or two of the programs listed, speed up your eventual loading of the game (But NOT the actual playing). If you find it confusing, post a snip of the entire list under startup, and someone on this forum will advise you.
A poor example, perhaps, as I am not a game player - I only have my antivirus ticked under startup.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
WinPatrol will not give the same safe advice that he will get here.I believe It will only advise him on what is running on startup, not which ones to remove.
There was an earkier thread on this. In the extreme, probably not always desirable, but this is mine:

View attachment 3436

Last edited:

Ask a Question