Just stopping in to say Hi

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I hope that all of you had a happy holiday season, and many more to come. Lately, the last 2 to 3 months, I haven't been here as much as I wanted, and not at all the last couple of weeks or so. It's not that I don't want to be here (and other places, too), but I've been very sick.

Yesterday, after nearly a dozen of tests, it was discovered that I have congestive heart failure. I mean, I could hardly walk, my lower legs were swollen, so bad that I couldn't even slide my shoes on. It's just been one setback after the other since my disability began in 2006. First, my back, then asthma in 2007, which led to bouts with pneumonia and plural fluid building up in my lungs. Then early this spring, my neck began to give trouble. About three weeks ago, my legs and ankles began to swell (with fluid). I thought nothing of it. But I began to get weak a couple of weeks ago, I just couldn't hardly go, didn't even want to get out of the bed, not even to check my email.

Well, I'm finally on some medicine now, mainly a water pill to purge the fluid, but still have to wait on some more tests to determine the exact cause of it. I take many medications already, and it's suspected that a couple of them may be the problem.

If you're one of those fortunate enough to be healthy, don't take it for granted. Money can buy a lot of things, but not always good health. I lost mine at 43 years of age.

Anyway, I did want to explain my absence, and I plan to participate as much as I can, but can't promise that I'll ever be in my former self again.

May God Bless you all.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Get well Cat.

Here's hoping the New Year and new meds turn things around for you.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks TM, I hope that they do some good. It seems like I've been a guinea pig the last couple of weeks.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
My mother was on about 16 different pills a day; since she went into a home they cut her down to just 3 types and her memory seems much improved.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Hope the doctors find the issue and you get well soon, I miss seeing you around. :)

Reaction score
We all miss you Cat, you are one of the family here on the forum.

I think I can speak for the whole and say "We are all wishing you well". :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you, I really miss my daily activities, including participating here at Win 7 Forums. I've really learned a lot in my stay here, probably more than the previous 10 years combined. And I've always felt at home here, sometimes there are differences in opinion, but that's life.

I'm starting to come around, but it's been a day by day deal. I probably would be better off with less meds, but dependency is a major issue to deal with, after years of consuming narcotics and benzos. The rug just can't be snatched from under your feet, or you really have problems, especially with benzos, more than pain meds. But they're being cut back slowly, and I have a little "leeway", should I need it.

Hopefully after I lose some of this excessive water, I'll begin to feel better. I'm still waiting on additional tests to be done, to determine an exact cause of the problem.

Thanks to all who remembers me, I wish the best for all of you.

Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Clifford said it well.

Cat, last night I was gonna send you one of those "hope all is well" pm's again, but I was tired and decided to do it today after work. Great to see you strike first and please include my well wishes along with the others.

Get better.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hey Cat! You were the first to make me feel welcome here, besides Cliff and Ian.

Sooooooo....

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you. I believe that my strength is starting to pick up again, and hope that the good progress continues. The thoughts of all of you really means a lot, and is a source of inspiration for me.

While in the past, I had what I thought were many friends, when I was working. I often threw parties and cookouts, which were really more or less drinking and smoking parties, and were expensive. Today, not a single one of those "friends" even bothers to call me, at one time a few of them called, but all they were seeking was pain medicine. At the time, it bothered me, but it doesn't anymore.

Today, my friends are on the net. I'm basically a loner today, living peacefully, and honestly, living a better life than in previous years. I was drinking myself to death, and thought I was living on top of the world. Things don't "just happen", and I feel that my disability happened to wake me up to reality. It did just that. Life is not to be taken for granted, for it can be gone in a second.

This afternoon, I'm cooking out for the first time in quite some time, but only my and my spouse will be here. That other life, I left behind a long time ago.

Later,
Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I had what I thought were many friends, when I was working. I often threw parties and cookouts, which were really more or less drinking and smoking parties, and were expensive. Today, not a single one of those "friends" even bothers to call me, at one time a few of them called, but all they were seeking was pain medicine
Yeah, I had those too. Those are what I now call "buddies". A true friend will stick with you through thick and thin, a buddy is just around when the booze, weed and other things are readily available, but heaven forbid you ever run low or out and you won't see them again.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
And I now could care less if I ever see them again. I've lived, and I've learned.

Cat

Ask a Question