Start Menu Question

Reaction score
Is it possible to add a folder such as Documents into the start menu on windows 7 so it appears the same as "Getting Started" ?

I know it is on the start menu already but id like to have the same slide out menu the like the image below. Ive tried dragging it into the start menu list but this just creates a shortcut and a new window opens up when its clicked.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i just like the idea of it :)

Cheers.

Attachments

Reaction score
I dont think it is a stupid question - Would be nice to have that ability

There could be a way - But I didnt find it

I dont see a way to Pin Folders - I only have the option to pin programs or shortcuts

And one thing I find annoying is if you pin a shortcut and delete the shortcut you create a bad link with the pinned shortcut!!

When you pin a shortcut you are actually creating a shortcut to the first shortcut not the Application - It is best to only pin the Application not a shortcut to it.

Reaction score
I have noticed that Notepad and Media Center gets the extended menu as well but unfortunately Office is left out. Maybe I'm just lazy but i really like the idea of customising the start menu with things that you want instead of the default options you get in all versions of windows.

Having said that i think that the new Jump list system is great , So much better than the eye candy preview window that was introduced in Vista. It wouldn't surprise me if someone was working on a project for the start menu already as the customisation community has so many talented people in its ranks, After all its still early days for windows 7.

Yes a shortcut of a shortcut , you could go on for ever making them.:lol:

Reaction score
Yup, finally worked out what was going wrong.. I had to go into the taskbar/start menu properties and mess with the settings for things to be updated. Think i had to many recent items on display. Things are looking good now tho and the extended menu is working just fine.:)

Thanks for the help Clifford

Reaction score
Glad you worked it out - If there is anything I can help with I always try to respond

Ask a Question